Restricted Access Management Program
The Restricted Access Management Program is responsible for managing Alaska Region permit programs, including those that limit access to the federally managed fisheries of the North Pacific.
NOTICE: RAM is actively processing permit application forms and transfers and we encourage the public to submit permit applications that do not contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) via email to RAM.firstname.lastname@example.org. Notarized permit applications and forms may be faxed to RAM at (907) 586-7354. Applications may also be deposited in a locked dropbox located in the Juneau Federal Building lobby; just ask the Security Guards where it is. If you can’t find a Notary Public to attest your application when it contains a notarization field, call us, and we will provide you with instructions on how to submit your application without the notary stamp.
There will be slight delays in answering the phone line and issuing permits due to a marked increase in user support. If you need assistance but can't reach us via the phone, please send an email message to: RAM.email@example.com.
As of March 27, 2020, RAM has developed an interim policy to allow IFQ permit holders who wish to apply for a medical IFQ transfer, to use template COVID-19 language for the Medical Declaration portion of the application. The template language will fulfill the health care provider's declaration that the applicant, because of COVID-19 health concerns, cannot participate in the fishery.
- Licensed health care providers can fill out the required information from Block F of the medical transfer application and fax the signed Medical Declaration page, along with a cover sheet clearly identifying the patient, to RAM at (907) 586-7354.
- Example IFQ Medical Transfer application with COVID-19 medical declaration template and instructions (PDF)
- Permit office staff will use the information provided on the cover sheet to locate the appropriate medical transfer application so that the paperwork can be collated and processed.
The Restricted Access Management Program (RAM) supports efforts to ensure sustainable fisheries and promote fishing communities by issuing Federal fishing permits and other fishery authorizations to fishery participants. RAM also:
- Implements transferable allocation programs and fishery management programs, including requirements related to the determination of program eligibility and transfer of catch histories
- Issues subsistence halibut permits and sport halibut (charter) permits
- Provides advice and notifications to fishermen and the public on the interpretation of Federal fishing regulations
Throughout the calendar year, RAM reviews and issues licenses for the American Fisheries Act (AFA) Program, the Amendment 80 Program, Individual Fishing Quota (IFQ) halibut and sablefish, the Rockfish Program, subsistence halibut, charter halibut, groundfish and crab License Limitation Program (LLP) and processes over a thousand IFQ halibut/sablefish, IFQ crab, Guided Angler Fish (GAF), and LLP license transfers.
- Permit Applications and Forms
- Online Services: eFISH, eLandings
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Bycatch Reduction
- Cost Recovery Programs and Fee Payment
- Fishery Seasons
Regulations and Management Actions
- Federal Register Rules and Notices - Open for Comment
- Federal Register Rules and Notices
- Federal Fishing Regulations, Acts, and Treaties
- Figures, Maps, Boundaries, Regulatory Areas, and Zones
- Fishery Management Plans and Amendments
- Tribal Consultations