The Southeast Region (SERO) Permit Office is still open, but due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic our operating processes have changed.
Office Phone Call Center – Due to limited staff in the office, we have suspended the live phone call center. Our main number now goes directly to voicemail. If you leave a message and contact information, someone from our office will call you back as soon as possible.
Submitting Your Application – We are experiencing up to a week delay with receiving applications, documents, and correspondence by mail. There is no delay in receiving applications via the Southeast Fisheries Permit System. We strongly encourage all eligible applicants to submit their renewal application, supporting document(s), and application fee via the online system. Permits can be renewed starting 60 days prior to their expiration date. We recommend starting the renewal process as soon as your permits are eligible.
Pending Applications – Due to the delay in receiving mail through the USPS, if you have an application pending due to deficiencies, we recommend using the online system for online applications to upload missing documents, or our fax (727-551-5747), if you submitted a paper application to transmit the missing information back to us. Be advised, we do not accept the following documents via fax:
- An entire application to renew, transfer, or request new permits.
- Original permits (for transfer applications).
- Payment (i.e. copy of check, money order, or credit card number).
- Reporting requirements – All logbooks are submitted to the Logbook Office at the Southeast Fisheries Science Center in Miami, FL. (877-376-4877 – Option 2).
- Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) requirements (i.e. power down exemptions) – All VMS related questions need to be asked to the Office of Law Enforcement – VMS Office. (877-376-4877 – Option 3).
Check Application Status – To check if we received your vessel or dealer application, visit our Application Status website. This website will also tell you the date we are currently processing applications on. If your application was received after this date, we have not started processing it yet.
If you have further questions regarding this matter, please contact the SERO Permit Office by telephone at (877) 376-4877, weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., excluding federal holidays and leave a message.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750