Melanie Hutchinson, PhD
- Quantifying post release survival rates of sharks and rays in longline and purse seine fisheries.
- Identifying best handling and release practices to improve survivorship.
- Reducing shark depredation rates in small scale tuna fisheries.
- Understanding habitat use and movement behavior of sharks and rays vulnerable to fisheries capture.
- Developing fishery interaction avoidance and conservation strategies for protected species.
Ph.D., Zoology, University of Hawaii
B.Sc., Marine Biology and Limnology, San Francisco State University