Educator Workshop Series: MWEE Practitioner Series
Educators, join us for five sessions to talk about the NAAEE Community Engagement Guidelines for Excellence.
This winter, the NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office will host five lightly facilitated virtual conversations around each of the NAAEE Community Engagement Guidelines for Excellence. Participants should familiarize themselves with the featured guideline before the session and watch the 15-20 minute video associated with the guideline. Each video on this Chesapeake Bay Program playlist features a B-WET grantee describing how they designed and implemented a MWEE program with community engagement in mind.
Each session will focus on one of the guidelines:
- December 3, 2021: Guideline 1: Community Centered
- December 17, 2021: Guideline 2: Based on Sound Environmental Education Principles
- January 14, 2022: Guideline 3: Collaborative and Inclusive
- January 28, 2022: Guideline 4: Oriented toward Capacity Building and Civic Action
- February 11, 2022: Guideline 5: A Long-Term Investment in Change
NAAEE’s Community Engagement Guidelines for Excellence are designed to help environmental educators create inclusive environments that support effective partnerships and collaborations. The NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office is interested in helping MWEE practitioners use these guidelines as they develop and implement MWEE programming, so that programs are designed with inclusion, community needs, sustainability, and capacity building from the very beginning. We recommend that participants familiarize themselves with the Community Engagement Guidelines.