Elementary School Science: Investigating Our Environment
Join NOAA's Environmental Science Training Center for this virtual summer workshop for elementary teachers. The group will explore using the Next Generation Science Standards to investigate our environment.
This summer, the NOAA Environmental Science Training Center will host a virtual professional development opportunity for elementary school teachers (grades K-5) that connects locally relevant environmental science across the curriculum. The workshop is designed to address and support the implementation of core components of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Meaningful Watershed Educational Experiences.
Earn two Maryland Continuing Professional Development credits for attending! Up to $200 in implementation funds is available.
We strongly encourage you to participate with a partner--or two!--from your school.
This workshop has four components.
1. MWEE 101 Online Course
15-hour workshop between August 3 and 14
2. Three mandatory webinar meetings
- Monday, August 3, 9-10 a.m. EDT
- Monday, August 10, 9-10 a.m. EDT
- Friday, August 14, 9-10 a.m. EDT
3. Two hours planning and conducting outdoor investigations
4. Ten hours self-paged online content (including group work)