Restoration Webinar Series: Seeking Presenters by January 18
Webinar series hosted by NOAA, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Society for Ecological Restoration is seeking presenters for its seventh season.
The mission of the Restoration Webinar Series (RWS) is to provide a venue for restoration practitioners to share best management practices. The RWS series has been incredibly successful for over five years. The community includes over 3,500 restoration practitioners and is hosted by NOAA, FWS, and the Society for Ecological Restoration.
We are soliciting abstracts for the 2019 program that are innovative, transferable, and include inland, estuarine, coastal or marine habitats. We are also interested in projects inspired or influenced by former RWS webinars.
To submit an abstract by January 18, 2019, go to the Restoration Webinar Series 2019 Abstract Submission Form.
While we seek a wide variety of projects, specific requests by our listeners include:
- Restoration of freshwater aquatic habitats, including riparian, wetlands, flood plains, and restoration of agricultural lands.
- Dam removal projects.
- Bivalve restoration in freshwater, estuarine, and marine habitats.
- Marsh migration and/or combined upland and wetland restoration.
- Restoration of terrestrial wildlife corridors.
Our participants have indicated that the following areas are of interest when discussing all types of restoration:
- Sea level rise and/or climate change considerations.
- Constructability and engineering considerations.
- Lessons learned.
- Monitoring results.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Ecosystem services and multiple benefits provided by restoration.
- How projects are selected in the context of regional policies or planning.
Benefits to Presenters: Presentations are recorded and archived on the USFWS National Conservation Training Center (NCTC) Restoration Webinar Series Archive. See all past presentations there. Additionally, presenters receive a link to their presentation recording to upload to their organization's website.
Benefits to Attendees: Those attending RWS presentations receive continuing education credits towards certification from the Society for Ecological Restoration.
To learn more about the Restoration Webinar Series go to the Restoration Webinar Series Homepage. For more information, contact Melanie.Gange@noaa.gov