Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands King and Tanner Crabs Management Plan
The Fishery Management Plan (FMP) for the Commercial King and Tanner Crab Fisheries in the Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands (BSAI) was approved by the Secretary of Commerce on June 2, 1989. The FMP establishes a State/Federal cooperative management regime that defers crab management to the State of Alaska with Federal oversight. State regulations are subject to the provisions of the FMP, including its goals and objectives, the Magnuson-Stevens Act national standards, and other applicable federal laws. The FMP has been amended several times since its implementation.
- Federal Register Rules and Notices
- BSAI King and Tanner Crabs Plan Team
- Status of Regulatory and FMP Amendments
- BSAI Crab Fisheries Management
- Federal Fisheries in Alaska
- Federal Fishing Regulations, Acts, and Treaties