NOAA Fisheries Is Hiring: Positions Available to Support the Inflation Reduction Act
The historic Inflation Reduction Act has allowed NOAA Fisheries and other agencies to increase the resiliency of our nation's marine resources against climate impacts. Learn more about the positions available and join our mission.
NOAA Fisheries is hiring! The historic Inflation Reduction Act has allowed NOAA Fisheries and other agencies to increase the resiliency of our nation's marine resources against climate change impacts, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join us. This page will be updated weekly to make sure potential candidates can find job postings and application resources. You can also stay up to date through our careers directory.
About the Inflation Reduction Act
NOAA Fisheries received an unprecedented investment to strengthen the agency’s core mission to provide science-based management and conservation of the nation’s marine resources as we confront climate change. Climate change impacts every aspect of our mission—from managing fisheries and aquaculture, to conserving protected resources and vital habitats.
These funds allow us to prioritize several critical areas focused on tackling the impacts of climate change, including:
- Data acquisition and management
- Climate, Ecosystems, and Fisheries Initiative
- Conservation efforts around Pacific salmon, red snapper, and North Atlantic right whales
- Habitat restoration
- Support for salmon hatcheries and other tribal initiatives
- Arctic research
- Facilities modernization
- Improved permitting efficiency
Positions Coming Soon
Positions supporting the Inflation Reduction Act that will post soon:
- Biological and Physical Science Technicians
- Communications Specialist
- Contracting Officer
- Data Scientist
- Electronic and Software Engineers
- Fish Biologist
- Fishery Management Specialist
- Grants Specialist
- Natural Resource Specialist
- Ocean and Spatial Modelers
- Operations Research Analyst
- Research Biologist
- Social Science Specialist
Use these tips and resources when applying for positions at NOAA Fisheries:
Stay Up to Date on Job Postings
Have Your Resume Ready
Learn how to create an account, profile, and draft resume in advance on USAJobs. View the resume requirements for the positions before you apply so you know what to include.
Check Your Time Zone
All job postings and deadlines for these positions will be in Eastern Time. We will not grant requests for extensions.