Alaska Fishing Community Profiles for North Pacific Fisheries
In 2005, the Alaska Fisheries Science Center (AFSC) compiled baseline socioeconomic information about 136 Alaska communities most involved in commercial fisheries to produce the first version of the Community Profiles for North Pacific Fisheries - Alaska.
A total of 196 communities have been profiled. The updated profiles add new information to better contextualize communities' reliance on fishing. Introductory materials discuss purpose and methods, and provide an overview of the profiled communities in the larger context of the state of Alaska and North Pacific fisheries.
- Alaska Commercial Fishing Communities Interactive Map
- Alaska Recreational Fishing Communities Interactive Map
- Alaska Subsistence Fishing Communities Interactive Map
- Economic Status Reports for Groundfish Fisheries of the Gulf of Alaska and Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands
- Economic Status Reports for King and Tanner Crab of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands
- North Pacific Groundfish Stock Assessment and Fishery Evaluation Reports
- Sustainable Fisheries in Alaska
- Alaska Ecosystem Research
- Alaska Community Snaptshots and Profiles