Skip to main content
Unsupported Browser Detected

Internet Explorer lacks support for the features of this website. For the best experience, please use a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.

Environmental Assessment/Regulatory Impact Review for Amendment 45 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska and the Associated Regulatory Amendment to Combine the Third and Fourth Quarterly Pollock Allowances

September 29, 2009

Analysis of a FMP amendment to combine pollock allowances

At its September 1995 meeting, the North Pacific Fishery Management Council received a proposal from representatives of the Gulf of Alaska pollock fishery to combine the third and fourth quarterly pollock allowances in the Western and Central Regulatory Areas of the GOA. Under this proposal, the first and second quarterly allowances would remain unchanged; 25 percent of the total allowable catch on January 1 and 25 percent of the TAC on June 1. However, the third and fourth quarterly allowances would be combined into a third seasonal allowance of 50 percent of the TAC. This original proposal contained a September 15 opening date for the final combined seasonal allowance. However, representatives for Bering Sea-based processors and vessels objected to scheduling a Western Regulatory Area pollock opening in September because it would conflict with the Bering Sea non-roe season.

Last updated by Alaska Regional Office on 12/05/2018

Gulf of Alaska Groundfish Analyses