Pacific Islands Regional Office Federal Programs Office 2018 Annual Report
The Pacific Islands Regional Office funded 47 projects totaling $7,217,417 in grants, cooperative agreements, and financial assistance to constituents in support of the NOAA Fisheries mission.
The Federal Programs Office is located at the Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO) in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. With technical assistance from PIRO and Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center staff, Federal Program Officers (FPOs) administer grants and cooperative agreements throughout the award period, from the initial solicitation through post-award management. FPOs also work closely with the NOAA Grants Management Division, technical monitors, and grant recipients throughout the award period to facilitate the successful completion of each grant’s project objectives.
The Federal Programs Office supports the NOAA Fisheries mission through competitive and noncompetitive grants and cooperative agreements. PIRO funded the following grant programs during FY18:
- Western Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Saltonstall-Kennedy Grants Program
- Marine Education and Training Program
- Pacific Islands Region Marine Turtle Program
- Hawaiian Monk Seal Recovery and Marine Mammal Program
- Interjurisdictional Fisheries Act of 1986
- Essential Fish Habitat Program