Pacific Islands Regional Office Strategic Plan: 2016–2020
NOAA Fisheries’ Pacific Islands Regional Office Strategic Plan: 2016–2020 identifies our priorities for the next five years.
In this plan, we’ve identified five goals, each of which has specific objectives, as well as strategies to reach those objectives. Our goals are:
- Ensure a prepared and innovative workforce to meet policy and management challenges and opportunities.
- Foster the sustainable use of marine resources.
- Protect and restore at-risk marine resources.
- Institutionalize the use of innovative technologies in our work.
- Strengthen and develop relationships with the public and our strategic partners to achieve our mission.
To support and achieve these goals, we will use the best scientific information available and strive for organizational excellence through strategic actions and partnerships.
Importantly, our goals, objectives, and strategies appropriately reflect the unique features that characterize the Pacific Islands Region, all the while advancing the overarching goals and visions of NOAA Fisheries, NOAA, and the Department of Commerce.
The intent of this plan is not to capture everything we will accomplish in the near future, but rather to provide a framework for making decisions about our undertakings, resource allocation, and commitment to productivity and workplace satisfaction.
Furthermore, we will use this plan to annually reflect on our progress and identify the specific actions needed to accomplish our identified objectives.