2018-2020 Preliminary Gulf of Mexico Stock Annual Catch Limit Landings
The Southeast Fisheries Science Center has provided the following preliminary landings estimates for species subject to stock annual catch limits (ACLs).
This page was last updated on: 10/26/2020
- FISHING REGS & SEASONAL CLOSURES: For a list of fishing regs, by species, please visit the Gulf of Mexico Fishing Regulations and Seasonal Closures
- FEDERAL REGULATIONS: For the most current federal fishing regulations, please visit Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 622 - Fisheries of the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, and South Atlantic.
- OTHER LANDINGS:
- FISHERY BULLETINS: Sign up to stay up-to-date with fishery announcements.
- For more information on fishery management please visit the Gulf of Mexico Branch.
2020 Preliminary Inseason Landings for Species with Stock Annual Catch Limits (ACL)
Date commercial landings available through: 10/26/2020
Date commercial IFQ landings available through: 10/26/2020
|Species Complex||Season||Sector||Sector Landings (lb)*||Total Landings (lb)*||ACL(lb)*||ACL%||Dataset||Current Status|
|Cobia||Jan 1 - Dec 31||Recreational||103,372||132,735||ACT =||ACT % =||CHTS||OPEN|
|Commercial||29,363||ACL =||ACL% =||N/A|
|Deep water grouper(a)(e)||Recreational||1,231||663,883||1,105,000||60.1||MRFSS||OPEN|
|Shallow water grouper(f)(e)||Recreational||2,177||127,622||710,000||18.0||MRFSS||OPEN|
|Spanish Mackerel||Apr 1, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020||Recreational||2,073,517||3,064,370||11,300,000||27.1||CHTS|
|Spanish Mackerel||Apr 1, 2020 - Mar 31, 2021||Recreational||423||288,902||11,300,000||2.6||CHTS||OPEN|
|Yellowtail snapper(e)||August 1, 2019-Jul 31, 2020||Recreational||5,069||284,374||901,124||31.6||MRFSS|
|Yellowtail snapper(e)||August 1, 2020-Jul 31, 2021||Recreational||0||54,446||901,125||6.0||MRFSS||OPEN|
Date MRIP and Headboat landings available through: MRIP landings are available for January 1 through February 29 of 2020. Headboat landings are available from January 1 through June 30 of 2020. LA creel landings are available from January 1 through September 13 of 2020. Texas landing for 2020 are COMING SOON.
Recreational Dataset: MRIP: Cobia, Hogfish, Mutton snapper, Spanish mackerel, Vermilion snapper. MRFSS: Cubera snapper, Deep water grouper, Gray snapper, Jacks complex, Lane snapper, Mid-water snapper, Shallow water grouper, Tilefishes, Vermilion snapper, Yellowtail snapper.
Definitions: Annual Catch Limit (ACL) is the amount of fish that can be harvested from the stock each year. The Annual Catch Target (ACT) is a harvest level set lower than the annual catch limit to create a buffer so that overharvest does not occur. Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP). Marine Recreational Fisheries Statistics Survey (MRFSS).
*Units: Whole Weight (ww): Cubera snapper, Gray snapper, Hogfish, Jacks complex, Lane snapper, Mid-water snapper, Mutton snapper, Vermillion snapper, Yellowtail snapper. Gutted Weight (gw): Deep water grouper, Shallow water grouper, Tilefishes. As Reported: Cobia, Spanish mackerel.
(a) Deep water grouper: Warsaw, Snowy, Speckled hind, Yellowedge
(b) The commercial sectors for Deep water grouper, Tilefishes, and Shallow water grouper are managed under the Gulf of Mexico Individual Fishing Quota (IFQ) Program. Please visit the IFQ Landings Page for additional information. Landings on the IFQ site are updated in real time and therefore may be more comprehensive than the table above.
(c) Jacks Complex: Almaco jack, Banded rudderfish, Lesser amberjack
(d) Mid-water snapper: Silk, Wenchman, Blackfin, Queen snapper
(e) All MRFSS and MRIP Mutton snapper, Yellowtail snapper, Hogfish, Black grouper, Snowy grouper, and Blueline tilefish landings reported in Monroe County were assigned to the South Atlantic
(f) The Shallow water grouper (Black, Red, Scamp, Yellowmouth, Yellowfin) closure occurs from Feb 1 to March 31 in the portion of the Gulf EEZ seaward of coordinates defined in the Federal regulations at paragraph (d) of § 622.34, Seasonal and area closures designed to protect Gulf reef fish. These coordinates approximate the 20-fathom depth contour.
(g) Tilefishes: Golden, Goldface, and Blueline
FISHING REGS & SEASONAL CLOSURES: Please visit the Gulf of Mexico Fishing Regulations and Seasonal Closures
FEDERAL REGULATIONS: Please visit Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 622 - Fisheries of the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, and South Atlantic.
HISTORICAL: Please visit Historic Stock Landings in the Gulf of Mexico.
OTHER LANDINGS: Please Visit Southeast Region Annual Catch Limit Monitoring page for other fish landings information.
FISHERY BULLETINS: Sign up to stay up-to-date with fishery announcements.
For additional fishery management information visit the Gulf of Mexico Branch.
Dealer Reporting Information
- Dealers in the Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic are required to have a federal Gulf and South Atlantic dealer permit and submit weekly, electronic reports. Reports must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. local time, every Tuesday. If no purchases are made, a no-purchase form must also be submitted online, once per week. Dealers may not purchase fish if they have not submitted timely reports and will not be able to renew their permits if reports are outstanding. Dealers can apply for a permit with the Southeast Regional Permits Office.
- Please see the Modifications to the Current Federally Permitted Seafood Dealer Reporting Requirements in the Southeast Region for additional information.