California WaterFix Aquatic Science Peer Review: Phase 2A Materials
A two-phased independent scientific peer review of the aquatic science used in the environmental review and analyses of the California WaterFix (CWF)
Phase 2A Review Materials
California WaterFix Adaptive Management Framework
- Cover Letter: Response to Panel Comments on California WaterFix Adaptive Management
- Adaptive Management Framework for the California Water Fix and Current Biological Opinions on the coordinated operations of the Central Valley and State Water Projects
Selected sections from the 2081(b) application
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- 6.A (Adaptive Management Framework for the California Water Fix and Current Biological Opinions on the coordinated operations of the Central Valley and State Water Projects)
- Mount, J., W. Fleenor, B. Gray, B. Herbold, W. Kimmerer (2013) Panel review of the draft Bay Delta Conservation Plan. Prepared for The Nature Conservancy and American Rivers. Saracino and Mount, LLC, Sacramento, California, pp 66-69.
- Kimmerer, W.J., E.S. Gross and M. MacWilliams (2009) Is the response of estuarine nekton to freshwater flow in the San Francisco Estuary explained by variation in habitat volume? Estuaries and Coasts 32: 375-389.
- DFG (2009) Report to the Fish and Game Commission: A status review of the longfin smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) in California. Department of Fish and Game (DFG), Sacramento, CA.
- 77 FR 19756 (2012) Endangered and threatened wildlife and plants; 12-month finding on a petition to list the San Francisco Bay-Delta population of the longfin smelt as endangered or threatened, Federal register 77:19756.
California Water Fix Biological Assessment Appendices
Supplemental Materials Requested by the Panel
- Table of contents for the 2081(b) permit application
- Response to Independent Review Panel Question 3
- Responses to Independent Review Panel Request for Information Regarding Longfin Smelt Analysis Changes
Supplemental Materials Provided at the Review
Additional Materials Provided to the Panel
- Adaptive Management Framework for the California Water Fix and Current Biological Opinions on the coordinated operations of the Central Valley and State Water Projects (Feb 14, 2017)
- Memorandum: Adaptive Management Framework example: Shasta RPA adjustment
- Cover Email for Additional Materials
- Responses to Panel's Phase 1 Comments (CDFW, ICF, and NMFS)
- Adaptive Management Framework (CDFW)
- Modeling Approach to Providing Spring Outflow (CH2M)
- Longfin Smelt Analyses (ICF)
- Delta Smelt Analyses (ICF)
- Winter and Spring Chinook Analyses (ICF)
- Review Panel Initial Recommendations (please note: some slides have been updated and new ones added from the original presentation given during the December 9 review)