To report a violation, call:
It’s that time of year! No bass fishing in EEZ
Science and history determines the need to restrict fishing activities of specific species. Read More . . .
Alaska Enforcing MSA, NPHA One Case at a Time
Alaska has highly regulated fisheries and those who choose to ignore regulations will be fined. Read More . . .
OLE Special Agent Joins Offshore Aquaculture Convo
Detail of special agent to NOAA Aquaculture Program highly advantageous to OLE as a whole. Read More . . .
Reminder: EEZ Rec Black Sea Bass Season is Closed
The 2016 recreational black sea bass fishery in the EEZ of the Greater Atlantic Region is closed until May 15. Read More . . .
OLE Strives to Safeguard Bluefin Tuna
Tunas are one of several highly regulated species for which special care and attention is needed to ensure the stability of the fish. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- Wrangell Father and Son Sentenced For Charges Relating To Violations of the Lacey Act
- Man Sentenced for Endangered Sea Turtle Violation
- "Operation Pongo" Leads to Arrest of Two Malaysian Men on Federal Charges of Smuggling Wildlife into the U.S.
- Long Island Fisherman Sentenced to Prison Time and Pay More Than $600,000 for Fisheries Fraud
- Texas Company Sentenced for Passing Off Mexican Shrimp As U.S. Caught