To report a violation, call:
Seven Years Later Justice is Served
May 20, 2015: Federal seafood dealer sentenced for illegal scallop purchases. Read More . . .
Officers, Agents Leverage Social Media for Leads
Social media has an increased roll in OLE operations. Read More . . .
Are You Ready? Changes Looming For VMS Users
VMS codifies program requirements and expands enforcement areas. Read More . . .
Fisherman jailed for 7 months, will pay $603,000
October 29, 2015: New York fisherman, Anthony Joseph, is sentenced for the illegal harvest of more than 290,000 pounds of summer flounder. Read More . . .
It’s that time of year! No bass fishing in EEZ
Science and history determines the need to restrict fishing activities of specific species. Read More . . .
From tackling seafood fraud nationally to helping crack down on illegal fishing internationally, we're here to make sure that those who obey the rules reap the benefits of fair competition and an even playing field in the market. We protect marine resources and their habitat and help safeguard the health of seafood consumers and the livelihoods of coastal communities.
- Long Island Fisherman Sentenced to Prison Time and Pay More Than $600,000 for Fisheries Fraud
- Texas Company Sentenced for Passing Off Mexican Shrimp As U.S. Caught
- North Carolina seafood processor, distributor sentenced for falsely labeling shrimp
- Furniture Company Owner Admits Role Running International “Fish” Smuggling Operation
- Fulton Fish Market Dealer and President Plead Guilty to Fraud, Falsifying Federal Records, Lacey Act Violations