The Consultation Frameworks provide information needed to consult on federal actions that may affect some ESA-listed marine species and their designated critical habitat within the Southeast Region.
The Consultation Frameworks summarize the best available information on species life history, behavior, and distribution; critical habitat; activities and potential routes of effect; and recommendations for integrating recovery considerations into section 7 consultation practices.
The Consultation Frameworks can be used by federal action agencies, or non-federal representatives to minimize effects to ESA-listed marine species and critical habitats and support recovery and conservation efforts. A large quantity of information was summarized in the production of these frameworks, and they should be considered a consultation aid and used as general guidance.
- Sea turtle species (PDF, 44 pages)
- Sea turtle critical habitat (PDF, 13 pages)
- Coral species (PDF, 39 pages)
- Elkhorn and staghorn coral critical habitat (PDF, 18 pages)
- Gulf sturgeon and critical habitat (PDF, 18 pages)
- Nassau grouper (PDF, 17 pages)
- Giant manta ray (PDF, 17 pages)
- Smalltooth Sawfish and critical habitat (PDF, 21 pages)
We are developing additional consultation frameworks for species and critical habitat under SERO’s jurisdiction.
Return to the Southeast Region's ESA Section 7 Interagency Consultation main page here.