NOAA’s Restoration Center recognizes that habitat protection and restoration are essential elements of a strategy for sustainable commercial and recreational fisheries. Investing in habitat restoration projects leads to real, lasting differences for communities, businesses, and the environment. The Community-based Restoration Program supports restoration projects that use a habitat-based approach to rebuild productive and sustainable fisheries, contribute to the recovery and conservation of protected resources, promote healthy ecosystems, and and yield community and economic benefits.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, non-profits, commercial (for profit) organizations, U.S. territories, and state, local and Native American tribal governments.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply through the www.Grants.gov website. A complete standard
NOAA financial assistance application package should be submitted in accordance with the guidelines in the Federal Funding Opportunity announcement posted to www.Grants.gov. Each application must include the application forms from the SF-424 form family.
When to Apply
Update - January 30, 2019: NOAA has modified the deadlines and review process for this Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO) in response to the lapse in appropriations. The original pre-proposal deadline of January 14, 2019 has not been modified, as all electronic and postal systems were available to accept pre-proposals. However, a pre-proposal is no longer mandatory to submit a full proposal. All applicants who submitted a timely pre-proposal will receive the results of their review, as described in the modified FFO. Review results will be available the first week in March. The original FFO said the closing date would be sent directly to eligible applicants. As all applicants are now eligible to submit full proposals, we are setting the full proposal deadline as April 16, 2019.
- November 14: Publication of Federal Funding Opportunity.
- December 6: Public Webinar for Potential Applicants
- January 14: Deadline for pre-proposal submissions.
- April 16: Deadline for full proposal submissions.
- April - May: Application Review.
- June 30: Recommended applications submitted to NOAA’s Grants Management Division.
- July: Public announcement of recommended applications. Notifications made to unsuccessful applicants.
- July - September: Awards finalized by NOAA Grants Official and award recipients formally notified.