Updated deadline for full applications: To accommodate for the myriad of challenges and changed circumstances prompted by the current pandemic, we are extending the deadline for full applications to April 20, 2020, at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
Updated deadline for pre-proposal submissions: Due to the earthquakes and widespread blackouts in Puerto Rico, the deadline for pre-proposal submissions will be extended by two days. Pre-proposals must be received by Grants.gov, postmarked, or provided to a delivery service by 11:59 PM Eastern time on January 10, 2020. This two-day extension applies to all applicants.
NOAA’s Restoration Center recognizes that habitat protection and restoration are essential elements of a strategy for sustainable commercial and recreational fisheries. Investing in habitat restoration projects leads to real, lasting differences for communities, businesses, and the environment. The Community-based Restoration Program supports restoration projects that use a habitat-based approach to rebuild productive and sustainable fisheries, contribute to the recovery and conservation of protected resources, promote healthy ecosystems, and yield community and economic benefits.
View a list of current and past Community-based Restoration Projects.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, non-profits, commercial (for profit) organizations, U.S. territories, and state, local, and Native American tribal governments.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply through the www.Grants.gov website. A complete standard NOAA financial assistance application package should be submitted in accordance with the guidelines in the Federal Funding Opportunity announcement posted to www.Grants.gov. Each application must include the application forms from the SF-424 form family.
- November 6: Publication of Federal Funding Opportunity.
- December 5: Public Webinar for Potential Applicants.
- January 10: Updated deadline for pre-proposal submissions.
- April 20: Updated deadline for full proposal submissions.
- April - May: Application Review.
- June 30: Recommended applications submitted to NOAA’s Grants Management Division.
- July: Public announcement of recommended applications. Notifications made to unsuccessful applicants.
- July - September: Awards finalized by NOAA Grants Official and award recipients formally notified.