Incidental Take Authorization: Juneau Waterfront Improvement Project in Juneau, Alaska
On December 19, 2019, NOAA Fisheries received a request from the City and Borough of Juneau (CBJ) to modify their IHA. Pursuant to the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA), This modification includes changes to the prescribed mitigation and to the amount of authorized take by Level A harassment. The total amount of authorized taking remains the same. There are no changes to the activity, NOAA Fisheries' findings, the effective dates of the issued IHA, or any other aspect of the IHA.
In accordance with the regulations implementing the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) as amended, notification is hereby given that NOAA Fisheries has issued an incidental harassment authorization (IHA) to the City and Borough of Juneau (CBJ), Alaska, to take small numbers of marine mammals, by harassment, incidental to the Juneau dock and harbor waterfront improvement project.
- Issued Modified IHA (pdf, 7 pages)
- Modification Request Letter (pdf, 6 pages)
- Initially Issued IHA (pdf, 7 pages)
- IHA Application (pdf, 37 pages)
- Marine Mammal Monitoring Plan (pdf, 18 pages)
- References Cited (pdf, 3 pages)
- Public Comments (pdf, 3 pages)
- Public Comments on Modified IHA (external link)