Because of technical difficulties due to Hurricane Irma, the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Region Permits Office is providing an extension of the valid period of any permits for which owners have submitted a renewal application. Only those expired permits already submitted for renewal to the Southeast Region Permits Office will be considered valid until October 31, 2017.
- Since the passing of Hurricane Irma, the permit system at the Southeast Regional Office in St. Petersburg, Florida, has experienced unusual delays in permit renewals.
- Some individuals applied to renew their permits in a timely manner, but have not received new permits due to Hurricane Irma.
- For permits that are expired but have renewal applications pending at the Southeast Regional Office, the permit expiration will be considered extended until October 31, 2017.
- This extension applies to all Gulf of Mexico, South Atlantic, and Highly Migratory Species vessel permits and dealer permits.
- Permit transfers will not be processed until the system is functioning.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery-related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777