Easy, Accurate and Safe - checks, money orders and faxes will no longer be accepted
In an effort to reduce your time filling out paperwork and spend more time focusing on your business, NOAA Fisheries offers a new on-line permit application system. We listened and thanks to your valuable feedback, the process of applying for and renewing a permit is faster, safer and more accurate!
Starting February 1, 2022 we will no longer accept checks or money orders as a form of payment for processing your application. You will need to submit payment through our on-line system. Also, we will no longer be accepting faxed documents. All supporting documents will need to be submitted on-line with the exception of original permits. We still require original permits to be mailed into the NOAA Fisheries' Permit Office during a transfer application.
Two months before your permit is set to expire you will receive an email from NOAA Fisheries’ Permit Office. This email will also give you the option of signing up for an on-line account and the link will take you here.
NOTE: You may create an online account prior to your permit expiration, but you won’t see your renewal application unless you are within 60 days of the permit expiration date.
Benefits to Signing Up:
- Get your permits sooner - all applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Once you submit your on-line application, we have received it and you are in line.
- Easy and Fast - the on-line application process takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
- Fewer Deficiencies - completing the application on-line ensures fewer deficiencies that could delay your permit getting renewed.
- Safe and easy to pay - you can pay for your renewal or application fee via credit card or bank.
Those Eligible for On-Line Applications:
- Vessel permit renewals,
- New vessel permit requests,
- Limited access permit transfers,
- Dealer and operator permit renewals,
- New requests for dealer and operator permits
Two months prior to your permit renewal, you will be notified by NOAA Fisheries’ Permit Office. Once you receive that notification, you can register for an on-line account. Visit us here when it is time to get started! If you are registering for the first time be sure to have a copy of your vessel registration card handy.
For permit renewals, the auto-generated renewal reminder emails will come from "NOAA Fisheries - Southeast Region Permit Office" with a subject line that reads "NMFS SERO Permit Renewal Reminder.” They will appear like the image below.
Sign Up For Text Message Alerts - Find Out About Openings and Closures
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750