The recreational sector for blueline tilefish in federal waters of the South Atlantic will open at 12:01 a.m., local time, on May 1, 2022, and close at 12:01 a.m., local time, on July 26, 2022.
Why This Closure is Happening:
- The 2022 recreational catch limit for the blueline tilefish is 116,820 pounds whole weight.
- The recreational sector for blueline tilefish in or from federal waters of the South Atlantic is typically open from May 1 through August 31, each year. However, if recreational landings for blueline tilefish reach or are projected to reach the recreational catch limit, NOAA Fisheries will close the recreational sector for the remainder of the fishing year.
- NOAA Fisheries projects the catch limit will be reached by July 26, 2022, and is closing the fishery to prevent the catch limit from being exceeded.
During and After the Closure:
- During a closure, the recreational bag and possession limit for blueline tilefish in or from the South Atlantic federal waters is zero.
This bulletin provides only a summary of the existing regulations. Full regulations can be found in the Federal Register or at https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-50/chapter-VI/part-622/subpart-I.
Sign Up For Text Message Alerts - Find Out About Immediate Openings And Closures
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time. Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750