Alaska Restricted Access Management Division
The Restricted Access Management (RAM) Division supports Alaska Region efforts to ensure sustainable fisheries and promote fishing communities by:
- issuing Federal fishing permits and other fishery authorizations to fishery participants
- implementing fishery management programs, including requirements related to the determination of program eligibility and transfer of catch histories
- implementing transferable allocation programs
- issuing subsistence and charter permits
- providing advice and notifications to fishermen and the public on the interpretation of Federal fishing regulations
RAM is continuing to process permit application forms and transfers during COVID, and we encourage the public to submit permit applications that do not contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) via email to RAM.email@example.com. Please be aware that application processing time can take between 7-10 business days. If you need assistance but can't reach us via the phone, please send an email message to: RAM.firstname.lastname@example.org.