Public Hearing for the Proposed Rule to list Queen Conch as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act
A virtual public hearing on the proposed rule is scheduled for November 21, 2022 from 5:30 p.m.–8:00 p.m. EST. We are also reopening the public comment period. The comment period will now close on December 15, 2022.
Photo: Jennifer Doerr, SEFSC.
NOAA Fisheries will hold a public hearing on the proposed rule to list the queen conch (Aliger gigas) under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) on November 21, 2022, from 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST. The public hearing will be held online, any member of the public can join by internet or phone.
The proposed rule to list the queen conch as a threatened species under the ESA was issued on September 8, 2022 (87 FR 55200), and provided for a public comment period to November 7, 2022. We have reopened the public comment period. The public comment period will now close on December 15, 2022.
To attend the public hearing, please see the following meeting and WebEx details:
Monday, November 21, 2022
5:30 – 8:00 pm EST (6:30 – 9:00 pm AST)
Webex Meeting Link: https://noaanmfs-meets.webex.com/noaanmfs-meets/j.php?MTID=m6481adaefaf7a2fa7fe26bb13d005cdd
Join By Phone Only:
U.S. Toll +1-415-527-5035
Access code: 2762 689 0698
Please note that time for oral comments may be limited at the public meeting to ensure all have the opportunity to speak. Therefore, anyone wishing to make an oral comment at the public hearing for the record is also encouraged to submit written comments. Comments must be received by December 15, 2022. Comments received after this date may not be accepted.
You may submit comments in writing by any of the following methods:
- Electronic Submissions: Submit all electronic comments via the Federal eRulemaking Portal. Go to www.regulations.gov and enter NOAA-NMFS-2019-0141 in the Search box. Click on the “Comment” icon, complete the required fields, and enter or attach your comments.
- Mail: NMFS, Southeast Regional Office, C/O Calusa Horn, 263 13th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33701.
Instructions: Comments sent by any other method, to any other address or individual, or received after the end of the comment period, might not be considered by NMFS. All comments received are a part of the public record and will generally be posted for public viewing on www.regulations.gov without change. All personal identifying information (e.g., name, address, etc.), confidential business information, or otherwise sensitive information submitted voluntarily by the sender will be publicly accessible. NMFS will accept anonymous comments (enter “N/A” in the required fields if you wish to remain anonymous).
Proposed Rule to List Queen Conch as Threatened Under the ESA (87 FR 55200; September 7, 2022)
- Traducción no oficial (Spanish)
- Traduction non officielle (French)
- Onofficiële vertaling (Dutch)
- Tradiksyon pa ofisyèl (Haitian Creole)
Questions & Answers on the Proposed Rule
- Preguntas y respuestas sobre la reglamentación propuesta para el caracol rosado (Otros nombres comunes: carrucho, caracol reina)