How to Complete a Private Recreational eVTR Using Fish Online Web App
Operators of federally permitted vessels must submit a vessel trip report (VTR) for each fishing trip. VTRs are important because they provide data that informs fishery science and management decisions. These are tips to complete VTRs electronically.
Use this page for guidance on filling in eVTR fields on the app to complete your report.
NOTE: The document Fishing Vessel Trip Report (VTR) Reporting Instructions provides the complete reference information that you need to satisfy reporting requirements.
- In the Fish Online Login Page, enter your login credentials, then click Log In.
- After you log in, select the vessel for which you are completing a trip report.
- Once you are on your Vessel Profile page, click VTR/IVR Reporting from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- When the next screen opens, select VTR/IVR Reporting; this action brings you to the Reporting home page
NOTE: You may use the app in a web browser or use the Install option to install the app directly onto your computer, phone, or tablet. When you use the installed app, you may complete your trip report without an internet connection; however, an internet connection is required to submit the data.
Report a Trip with Catch
- Begin a trip by tapping the + sign.
- Tap EVTR TRIP REPORT in the Create New Report pop up.
- Enter SAIL DATE and VESSEL PERMIT. Tap NEXT.
- Select TRIP TYPE (Private Recreational), NO. OF ANGLERS, VESSEL OPERATOR. Tap NEXT.
- Review, tap SAVE.
- Tap ADD EFFORT.
- Enter Gear and related information (GEAR QTY, etc.). Tap NEXT.
- Enter CHART AREA, NO. Of HAULS (if applicable), TOW/SOAK TIME, and FISHING DEPTH. Tap NEXT.
- Select LAT/LON FORMAT, then enter LAT and LON (if on fishing location tap CURRENT LOCATION), then tap SAVE.
- Tap ADD CATCH, then tap ENTER.
- Select species from the search field.
- Enter the COUNT KEPT and COUNT DISCARDED fields. (If you discarded no fish, you must enter 0 into the Discard field.) Tap SAVE. Continue to add your catch until you have reported all of it, then tap TRIP REVIEW.
- Review, then tap ADD LANDING.
- Tap + , tap SET DATE AND TIME LANDED.
- Enter LAND DATE, then tap SAVE.
- Tap ADD OFFLOAD.
- Select a species to offload, tap NEXT.
- Enter NUMBER OF FISH SOLD for each species.
- For DEALER, enter Home Consumption or 99998 in the search box.
- Select PORT, then select DATE SOLD. Tap SAVE.
- Tap SIGN.
- Review trip (use the NEXT button to scroll through information), Check the I certify box.
- If prompted to do so, enter your username and password again. Click LOG IN.
- Tap SUBMIT.
Gear Quantity Information
The Gear Quantity information that you provide must be specific to the gear type you are using. Refer to the section Fishing Effort Information by Gear Type Table in the VTR Instructions document for more information.
Which fields must be completed prior to entering port?
Before entering port at the end of a trip, you must complete all fields except Dealer Name, Dealer Permit Number, and Date of Sale. If fish were sold, you must enter this information as soon as possible.
Displaying All Trips Submitted to NOAA
On the Home screen, the blue boxes displaying trip information are a combination of open and submitted trips on your current device. To see all trips that you submitted to NOAA, click on the three lines at the top left of the home screen, then select VTR Trip List. This action displays all submitted trips regardless of the device used.
Contact our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or your local Port Agent.