NOAA Fisheries Alaska Fiscal Year 2021 Aquaculture Accomplishments
This report highlights the recent work being done by the Alaska Regional Office and Alaska Fisheries Science Center to advance regional aquaculture priorities.
The Alaska Region prioritized the following focus areas in Fiscal Year 2021 (not in rank order):
- Improve existing permitting processes for marine aquaculture in state waters
- Employ genetics to protect natural populations
- Advance the understanding of the interactions of aquaculture and the environment
- Improve production efficiency and wellbeing
- Build partnerships to increase outreach and education capacity