Designation the Sakhalin Bay-Nikolaya Bay-Amur River Stock of Beluga Whales as Depleted under the MMPA
We, NOAA Fisheries, issue a final determination to designate the Sakhalin Bay-Nikolaya Bay-Amur River Stock of beluga whales (Delphinapterus leucas) as a depleted stock of marine mammals pursuant to the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA). This action is being taken as a result of a status review conducted by NOAA Fisheries in response to a petition to designate a group of beluga whales in the western Sea of Okhotsk as a depleted stock. The biological evidence indicates that the group is a population stock as defined by the MMPA, and the stock is depleted as defined by the MMPA.
- References cited Final Rule Designating the Sakhalin Bay-Nikolaya Bay-Amur Rive…
- References cited in Proposed Rule
- Status Review of the Sakhalin Bay-Amur River Beluga Whale (Delphinapterus leuca…
- References cited in 60-day finding on petition
- Petition to Designate the Sakhalin Bay-Amur River Stock of Beluga Whales as Dep…