Purse Seine Fishery Reopening in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean
NOAA Fisheries announces the U.S. purse seine fishery in the area known as the Effort Limit Area for Purse Seine, or ELAPS, will temporarily reopen for ten calendar days because part of the fishing effort limit remains after the purse seine fishery closure on October 9, 2019. The ELAPS consists of the areas of the U.S. exclusive economic zone and the high seas between the latitudes of 20° N. and 20° S. in the area of application of the Convention on the Conservation and Management of Highly Migratory Fish Stocks in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean. The reopening is effective from 00:00 on November 29, 2019 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC), until 24:00 on December 9, 2019 UTC.
View the regulatory action details for more information about the temporary rule announcing the reopening and the compliance guide.
- BI78 - Compliance Guide
- Fishing Restrictions in Purse Seine Fisheries
- Closure of Purse Seine Fishery in the Effort Limit Area for Purse Seine in 2019
- BI78 -Appendix A for Supplemental EA_2015 PEA
- BI78 - Regulatory Impact Review: Fishing Restrictions in Purse Seine Fisheries
- BI78 - Finding of No Significant Impact: Fishing Restrictions in Purse Seine Fi…