- NOAA Fisheries is sending this notification to invite IFQ participants to attend an informal workshop and Question & Answer session at 5:30 PM (CDT) or immediately following the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council meeting on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, 201 Lafayette Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. For more information on the Council meeting visit gulfcouncil.org/council.
- IFQ staff will provide a presentation with important reminders and updates on IFQ system functions and operations, followed by an opportunity for participants to ask questions about working within the IFQ system.
- This meeting will be physically accessible for people with disabilities. Requests for information packets or other auxiliary equipment should be made at least five days prior to the workshop date.
- For further information, IFQ participants can contact Catch Share Customer Support toll-free at (866) 425-7627 (Option 2) between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm (EST), excluding federal holidays.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures.
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly.
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
The Permits Office in St. Petersburg, Florida (263 13th Ave. South) now has a mailbox in the front lobby of the building where you can drop off original permits for permit transfers. Envelopes with information labels will be provided so that your documents can be attached to the correct application. The mailbox will be checked daily. For more information, contact the Permits Office at (877) 376-4877.
Media: Allison Garrett (727) 551-5750