NOAA Fisheries is announcing the opening of the application period for all halibut permits for International Pacific Halibut Commission Area 2A. Applications will be available through the NOAA Fisheries Pacific Coast Groundfish and Halibut Portal beginning December 18, 2023. Complete applications for 2024 are due on the following days:
- Directed Fishery – February 15th
- Incidental Salmon Troll Fishery – March 1st
- Incidental Longline Sablefish Fishery – March 1st
- Joint Directed and Incidental Sablefish – February 15th
- Recreational Charter Fishery – 15 days prior to participating in the fishery
A complete application consists of all required information, registration documentation (USCG Federal Documentation, State Registration Documentation, or current marine survey), and payment of the required fee. NOAA Fisheries may decline on an incomplete application. Late applications will not be accepted.