Fishermen may opt-in to receive fishery bulletins geographically specific to them
NOAA Fisheries’ Southeast Regional Office continues to look for and offer ways to communicate news and updates related to the Southeast For-Hire Electronic Reporting program. Fishermen may now sign up for three new fishery bulletins specific to where they fish. These bulletins are designed for this program and all Southeast federal for-hire/charter boat permit holders. They will contain important information not covered in the other bulletins you may already be receiving.
More Information on How to Sign-Up:
- NOAA Fisheries has created three new fishery bulletin groups:
- For-Hire Electronic Reporting General Interest Updates: information relevant to all program participants
- For-Hire Electronic Reporting Gulf of Mexico Updates: information relevant to Gulf of Mexico program requirements only
- For-Hire Electronic Reporting South Atlantic Updates: information relevant to South Atlantic program requirements only
- You may sign up for one or all of the bulletin groups.
To sign up for these bulletins, go to: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USNOAAFISHERIES/subscriber/new.
Once you are on the sign up page follow these directions:
- Bulletins are listed under the Regional Updates subscription topic.
- Under the Southeast Updates sub-topic, click the + sign to expand the list,
- Check the boxes for the bulletins of interest,
- Then click submit
NOAA Fisheries implemented the Southeast For-Hire Electronic Reporting program in January 2021. This program is expected to provide more timely catch, effort, and discard information from federally-permitted for-hire vessels, be used in future fish population assessments, and inform management decisions.
Please call our customer service hotline with any questions (available Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30, EST) at 1-833-707-1632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access additional information, such as tool-kits and instructional videos, go to: https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/southeast/recreational-fishing-data/southeast-hire-electronic-reporting-program.
Sign Up for Text Message Alerts - Find Out About Immediate Openings and Closures
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750