- On October 18, 2019, NOAA Fisheries published an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking to set a control date of September 1, 2017, for the spiny lobster trap fishery operating in federal waters off St. Thomas/St. John and St. Croix, USVI.
- Participants who enter the spiny lobster trap fishery in St. Thomas/St. John or St. Croix after September 1, 2017, will not be assured of future access if a management regime that limits participation in the fishery is prepared and implemented.
- This notice is not a proposed rule. We are notifying the public that we may develop a future rulemaking to complement any actions taken by the Caribbean Fishery Management Council, and that future participation in the fishery may be based on participation prior to September 1, 2017.
HOW TO COMMENT:
The comment period for the notice is open now through November 18, 2019. You may submit comments by electronic submission or by postal mail. Comments sent by any other method (such as e-mail), to any other address or individual, or received after the end of the comment period, may not be considered by NOAA Fisheries.
FORMAL FEDERAL REGISTER NUMBER: 84 FR 55900, published October 18, 2019
Electronic Submissions: Submit all electronic public comments via the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal.
2. Click the "Comment Now!" icon, complete the required fields.
3. Enter or attach your comments.
Mail: Submit written comments to Sarah Stephenson, National Marine Fisheries Service Southeast Regional Office, 263 13th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33701.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE ALERTS - FIND OUT ABOUT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
NOAA's Text Message Alert Program allows you to receive important fishery related alerts via text message (SMS). Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
Text alerts you may receive include:
- Immediate fishery openings and closures
- Any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly
Sign up for one or more of the following groups:
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries Related Alerts
- Text CARIBFISH to 888777
Join us every other Friday on NOAA Fish Instagram for Rec Fish Friday!
Media: Kim Amendola, 727-551-5707
Allison Garrett, 727-551-5750