The 2017-2018 recreational fishing season for black sea bass in federal waters of the South Atlantic will start on April 1, 2017, and end on March 31, 2018. Estimates indicate recreational landings for the 2017-2018 fishing year will be below the 2017-2018 recreational annual catch limit. Therefore, black sea bass will be open for the entire April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018, recreational fishing year.
Why This Announcement is Happening:
- This announcement is in compliance with the final rule for Regulatory Amendment 14 to the Fishery Management Plan for the Snapper-Grouper Fishery of the South Atlantic Region, which published on November 7, 2014 (79 FR 66316).
- NOAA Fisheries projects that the 2017-2018 recreational annual catch limit of 1,001,177 pounds whole weight will not be met as recreational landings in the past three fishing years were below this value.
NOAA Fisheries Southeast is pleased to announce the introduction of our Text Message Alert Program. The program will allow you to sign up to receive important fishery related alerts via text message. Text alerts you may receive include immediate fishery openings and closures, and any significant changes to fishing regulations that happen quickly.
How to opt-in
Sign up for related alerts for one or more of the following groups. Standard message & data rates may apply. You may opt-out at any time.
- Gulf of Mexico Recreational Fisheries: Text GULFRECFISH to 888777
- Gulf of Mexico Commercial Fisheries: Text GULFCOMMFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Recreational Fisheries: Text SATLRECFISH to 888777
- South Atlantic Commercial Fisheries: Text SATLCOMMFISH to 888777
- Caribbean Fisheries: Text CARIBFISH to 888777