GET YOUR PERMITS SOONER!
The Southeast Fisheries Permit System already has your vessel data, permit holder information, and the permit(s) you need to renew pre-filled for your convenience. This allows for a faster and more accurate application submission.
Information on setting up your Southeast Fisheries Permit System account will be provided when you receive your renewal notice 60 days prior to your permit(s) expiring.
NOAA Fisheries makes administrative revisions to the renewal process for federal vessel permits, licenses, endorsements, and dealer permits (hereafter referred to collectively as permits) in the Southeast Region.
**(originally announced in December 2018).
*Note: you will need to copy and paste the links contained in these PDFs
Vessel Permits: Here is the mailing insert you will see Download File (PDF 1 page)
Dealer Permits: Here is the mailing insert you will see Download File (PDF 1 page)
NOAA Fisheries will continue to provide the permit holder notice of an upcoming expiration date, but this rule would remove the requirement that the renewal applications be printed and sent via mail.
RULE TOOK EFFECT: January 14, 2019
WHAT THIS MEANS:
- Renewal letters will continue to be mailed out 2 months prior to expiration date of their permit through a letter, email, or other appropriate means that may be available.
- Paper applications will not automatically be mailed out with renewal letters.
- The permits office will include an Important Notice insert with the renewal letter listing the options for obtaining a renewal application.
- Permit and license holders will select which option works best for them:
- Renew and pay online (where available);
- Download paper application and submit by mail;
- Request application from Permits Office and submit by mail
(877-376-4877 M-F 8:00am EST - 4:30pm EST).
- Renewal letters will continue to contain permit reporting requirements and instructions for viewing vessel reporting status.
FORMAL FEDERAL REGISTER NAME/NUMBER: 83 FR 64032, published Dec. 13, 2018