Groundfish Committee Meeting
This meeting is open to the public. The Groundfish Committee will meet to discuss the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for Amendment 23, Framework 59, 2020 Council Priorities, eVTRs, and other business.
- Amendment 23: Groundfish Monitoring – review the draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) and recommend preliminary preferred alternatives.
- Framework Adjustment 59: Specifications/Management Measures – discuss draft alternatives focusing on 1) 2020 total allowable catches for U.S./Canada stocks of Eastern Georges Bank (GB) cod, Eastern GB haddock, and GB yellowtail flounder and 2) revisions to the GB cod Incidental Catch TAC to remove the allocation to the Closed Area I (CAI) Haddock Special Access Program (SAP).
- Council’s Groundfish Priorities for 2020 – discuss a draft list of possible groundfish priorities for 2020
- Omnibus Framework/eVTRs – receive an update on the Commercial Electronic Vessel Trip Reporting (eVTR) Omnibus Framework, which proposes to implement electronic VTRs for all vessels with commercial permits for species managed by the Mid-Atlantic and New England Fishery Management Councils.
- Review Recommendations - review Groundfish Plan Development Team, Groundfish Advisory Panel, and Transboundary Management Guidance Committee recommendations and make recommendations to the Council.
- Other business, as necessary
- Closed Session for Committee members only – Review Recreation Advisory Panel and Groundfish Advisory Panel applications for 2020-2022 and provide recommendations.
For information about meeting materials and detailed agenda, please consult the Council’s website.
If you would like your written comments to be considered at this meeting, they must be received at the NEFMC office no later than 8 a.m. on Thursday, September 12, 2019. Please address them to Council Chairman Dr. John Quinn or Executive Director Tom Nies. Email submissions should be sent to email@example.com.