Research Track Steering Committee
An NRCC committee that guides and oversees the research track assessment process.
The Research Track Steering Committee (RTSC) is a ten-member committee with representatives from the New England and Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Councils, the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission, and NOAA’s Northeast Fisheries Science Center. The RTSC looks at future research track stock assessments scheduled up to five years in advance and explores new methods and data to develop new or improve existing stock assessments.
The RTSC’s primary functions include:
- Identifying new research and critical research/data/information needs for future research track assessments
- Ensuring that research track assessments benefit from new research conducted prior to assessment.
- Monitoring the progress of critical assessment research
- Developing annual proposals for stocks or topics of future research track assessments
- Considering the need to reevaluate the stock structure for species on the research track schedule
- Communicating assessment research findings
Steering Committee Members
Russell Brown, NEFSC, Chair
Conor McManus, ASFMC
Richard Merrick, NEFMC
Paul Rago, MAFMC
Larry Alade, NEFSC
Chris Legault, NEFSC
Mark Terceiro, NEFSC
Scott Large, NEFSC
Steve Cadrin, SMAST
Lisa Kerr, UMaine
John Manderson, Open Ocean Research
Brooke Lowman, VMRC