How to Complete a Commercial eVTR for IFQ Clams Using Fish Online eVTR Web App
Operators of federally permitted vessels must submit a vessel trip report (VTR) for each fishing trip. VTRs are important because they provide data that informs fishery science and management decisions. These are tips to complete VTRs electronically.
Use this page for guidance on filling in eVTR fields on the app to complete your report.
- With a connection to the internet, on the Fish Online Login Page, enter your login credentials, then click Log In.
- After you log in, select the vessel for which you are completing a trip report.
- Once you are on your Vessel Profile page, click VTR/IVR Reporting from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- When the next screen opens, select VTR/IVR Reporting; this action brings you to the Reporting home page
NOTE: You may use the app in a web browser or use the Install option to install the app directly on your computer, phone, or tablet. When you use the installed app, you may complete your trip report without an internet connection; however, an internet connection is required to submit the data.
Report a Trip with Catch
- Click or tap the + sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the DATE SAILED and VESSEL PERMIT NUMBER (search for this either by vessel name or permit number). Once complete, select NEXT.
- Enter TRIP TYPE (Clam ITQ – Commercial) and NUMBER OF CREW.
If you are a vessel operator, you should already be known to Fish Online eVTR Web App based on your username and password. If for any reason you are not, see our contact information below.
- Select NEXT.
- Select ADD EFFORT at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter GEAR CODE, GEAR QUANTITY, GEAR SIZE, and MESH SIZE (bar spacing). Select NEXT.
- Enter CHART AREA, NUMBER OF HAULS, SOAK TIME, and FISHING DEPTH (fathoms), then select NEXT.
- Enter LATITUDE/LONGITUDE by selecting either the CURRENT LOCATION button (using the device’s GPS) or by selecting your preferred Lat/Lon format and entering it manually.
- Select SAVE.
- Select ADD CATCH at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter species caught either by searching for the name or by searching for the species code.
- Enter the pounds KEPT and the pounds DISCARDED. (If you discarded no fish, you must enter 0 into the Discard field.) Select SAVE.
- Continue in this manner to add any additional catch until you have reported all of it, then select TRIP REVIEW at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: If you are adding another Effort for this trip, select ADD EFFORT and follow the steps in the previous section, Effort.
Landing and Offload
- Select ADD LANDING from the bottom of the screen.
- Enter Date and Time Landed, then select SAVE.
- Select ADD OFFLOAD.
- Select SPECIES to offload (either individually or by using the SELECT ALL button), then select NEXT.
- Enter POUNDS SOLD, DEALER INFORMATION, PORT LANDED, and DATE SOLD, then select NEXT.
- Enter PRICE PER BUSHEL.
- Enter ALLOCATION NUMBER.
- Enter TAG NUMBER or TAG RANGE then select SAVE.
NOTE: If you have more than one ALLOCATION NUMBER, you need to create multiple OFFLOADS for that trip. Do not use the SELECT ALL SPECIES button in the Offload section.
- Enter the amount of BUSHELS SOLD for the first ALLOCATION NUMBER.
- Enter the CATCH DISPOSITION for that ALLOCATION NUMBER and select SAVE.
- Select ADD OFFLOAD again, and enter the remaining BUSHELS SOLD, DEALER INFORMATION, PORT LANDED, and DATE SOLD.
- Select NEXT.
- Enter the Catch Disposition for the next ALLOCATION NUMBER.
- Select SAVE and go on to sign.
- Select SIGN at the bottom of the screen.
- Review DATE SAILED and DATE LAND times for accuracy, then select NEXT.
- Review offload and sale information for accuracy, then select NEXT.
- Check the box (you may be prompted to log in again at this point), then click or tap SUBMIT.
Contact our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188, firstname.lastname@example.org or your local Port Agent.