How To Complete a Private Recreational eVTR Using Fish Online eVTR App for iOS
Operators of federally permitted vessels must submit a vessel trip report (VTR) for each fishing trip. VTRs provide data that informs fishery science and management decisions. This page shows you how to complete VTRs electronically.
Use this page for guidance on filling in eVTR fields to complete your report.
NOTE: The document Electronic Vessel Trip Report (eVTR) Reporting Instructions provides the complete reference information that you need to satisfy reporting requirements.
Report a Trip with Catch
- Begin a trip by tapping the + sign.
- Tap EVTR TRIP REPORT in the Create New Report pop up.
- Enter your vessel and trip information, and then tap NEXT.
- Select Trip Type (Private Recreational), No. of Anglers, tap NEXT.
- Review, tap SAVE.
- Tap + , tap ADD EFFORT.
- Enter GEAR and related information (Gear QTY, etc.) tap NEXT.
- Enter CHART AREA, TOW/SOAK TIME, and FISHING DEPTH. Tap NEXT.
- Select LAT/LON FORMAT, then enter LAT and LON (if on fishing location tap Use GPS), then tap SAVE.
- Tap ADD CATCH, then tap ADD CATCH ITEM.
- Select species from the search field.
- Enter the COUNT KEPT and COUNT DISCARDED fields. (If you discarded no fish, you must enter 0 into the Discard field.) Tap SAVE, then tap DONE. Continue to add your catch until you have reported all of it, then tap DONE in the upper part of the screen.
- Tap VTR TRIP REPORT in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap + , tap SET DATE AND TIME LANDED.
- Enter date and time landed, tap SAVE.
- Tap + , tap ADD OFFLOAD ITEMS.
- Tap ADD OFFLOAD ITEM. Select a species to offload, tap NEXT.
- Enter QTY Offloaded. The DEALER NAME and DEALER NUMBER fields auto populate to “Home Consumption '' and “99998”.
- Select OFFLOADING PORT, then select DATE OFFLOADED. Tap DONE, Tap SAVE.
- Tap DONE.
- Tap Sign Icon.
- Review trip (use the NEXT button to scroll through information), Check the I certify box.
- Tap SUBMIT. If accepted, tap OK.
Contact our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or your local Port Agent.