How to Create an Account in Fish Online and Link to a Vessel
You need a personal account in Fish Online to access services such as managing your vessel information, permits, and trip records, and to report electronically in the Greater Atlantic Region. Having an account is a secure way to keep your data private.
IMPORTANT: To increase your online security, we are changing the way that vessel owners and operators login to Fish Online. By June 1, 2021, vessel owners will no longer be able to login using their permit number and PIN and instead must create a Fish Online user account. Vessel operators also will need to create an account to report electronically using a GARFO Fish Online app, and to view their previously submitted eVTRs.
Download Fish Online App
- Access the Fish Online login page. You can also search for “NOAA Fish Online” in your web browser using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- When the login page opens, click on the Create Account link found under the Log In button.
- Fill in all of the fields on the Account Creation page (example below) until you get to the Vessel Permit Number and PIN fields near the bottom of the page. Leave the Vessel Permit Number and PIN fields blank.
- When you have filled in your information on the page, click Save.
Verify Your Fish Online Account
- Once you click Save, a pop-up notification will appear that asks you to enter a verification code. This code will be emailed to you at the email address you listed in your Fish Online account.
- Enter your verification code and click OK. A notification with your username will then appear on the screen.
- Return to the Fish Online login page and enter the username and password that you just created to log in.
- If you need assistance, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.
Using a Credential Security Code (CSC) to Link a Vessel or Your Operator Permit to Your Account
To link a vessel or your operator permit to your Fish Online account, log in to your Fish Online account and do the following:
- Click on the Change Vessel/Suite link at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the page.
- When the Vessel/Suite Access box appears on the screen, click the Redeem a Credential button.
- In the box labeled Enter Your Security Code, enter the CSC included on the back of your Permit Renewal letter, then click the Submit button. If you cannot find the CSC code, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 for each vessel that you want to link to your Fish Online account.
- As an alternative to using a CSC to link your vessel or operator permit to your Fish Online account, you may call our Help Desk from the phone number associated with your vessel or operator permit.
If you need assistance, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.