How to Create an Account in Fish Online and Link to a Vessel
You need a personal account in Fish Online to access services such as managing your vessel information, permits, and trip records, and to report electronically in the Greater Atlantic Region. Having an account is a secure way to keep your data private.
IMPORTANT: On June 1, 2021, we changed the way that vessel owners and operators log in to Fish Online in order to increase your online security. Vessel owners must use their Fish Online user accounts to access Fish Online. Vessel operators can create an account to report electronically using a GARFO Fish Online app, and to view their previously submitted eVTRs.
Download Fish Online eVTR iOS App (for iPhone and iPad Users)
Refer to the following video to learn how to download the Fish Online eVTR iOS App onto your iPhone or iPad.
Special Note for Fish Online Web App UsersYou must first create a Fish Online account before you can use and install the Fish Online Web App. (Read the section in this web page Create an Account From the Fish Online Web Site to learn how to create a Fish Online account.
You can create a Fish Online account from the Fish Online eVTR iOS app, or from the Fish Online web site.
Create an Account From the Fish Online eVTR iOS App
The following video shows how to use the Fish Online eVTR iOS app to create an account.
Create an Account From the Fish Online Web Site
- Access the Fish Online login page. You can also search for “NOAA Fish Online” in your web browser using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- When the login page opens, click on the Create Account link found under the Log In button.
- Fill in all of the fields on the Account Creation page as shown in the blank page below.
- When you have filled in your information on the page, click Save.
Verify Your Fish Online Account
- Once you click Save, a pop-up notification will appear that asks you to enter a verification code. This code will be emailed to you at the email address you just entered in the Fish Online account creation step.
- Enter your verification code and click OK. A notification with your username will then appear on the screen.
- Return to the Fish Online login page and enter the username and password that you just created to log in.
- If you need assistance, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.
Using a Credential Security Code (CSC)
- Vessel Owners: use a CSC to link a vessel to your Fish Online account
- Vessel Operators: use a CSC to link your operator permit to your Fish Online account
In order to review and edit data you need to link a vessel or your operator permit to your Fish Online account. Log in to your Fish Online account and do the following:
- Click on the Change Vessel/Suite link at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the page.
- When the Vessel/Suite Access box appears on the screen, click the Redeem a Credential button.
- In the box labeled Enter Your Security Code, enter the CSC included on the back of your Permit Renewal letter, then click the Submit button. If you cannot find the CSC code, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 3 for each vessel that you want to link to your Fish Online account.
- As an alternative to using a CSC to link your vessel or operator permit to your Fish Online account, you may call our Help Desk from the phone number associated with your vessel or operator permit.
If you need assistance, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.