How to Create an Account in Fish Online and Link to a Vessel
You need a personal account in Fish Online to access services such as managing your vessel information, permits, and trip records, and to report electronically in the Greater Atlantic Region.
Creating Your Account
- Access the Fish Online login page. You can also search for “NOAA Fish Online” in your web browser using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- When the login page opens, click on the Create Account link found under the ’Log In’ button.
- Fill in all of the fields on the Account Creation page, create a strong password between 8 and 12 characters, and then click Save.
- Once you click Save, a pop-up notification will appear that asks you to enter a verification code. This code will be emailed to you at the email address you listed in your Fish Online account.
- Enter your verification code and click OK. A notification with your username will then appear on the screen.
Activating Your Account
Return to the Fish Online login page and enter the username and password that you created and log in. Your account is now active.
Linking Your Vessel to Your Account
- When you are logged in to your Fish Online account, click on the Change Vessel/Suite link at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the page.
- When the Vessel/Suite Access box appears on the screen, click the Redeem a Credential button.
- Enter the Credential Security Code (CSC) included on the back of your Permit Renewal letter in the box labeled Enter Your Security Code. If you cannot find this code, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.
- Click the Submit button.
- Your Fish Online account is now linked to your vessel. If you need assistance, call our Help Desk at (978) 281-9188 or contact your local Port Agent.