The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program for fisheries management, protected resources management, critical habitat, and habitat conservation in the Greater Atlantic Region strives to:
- Create accurate, reliable, and standardized GIS data, metadata, analyses and geospatial products
- Develop and conduct sophisticated & relevant geospatial analyses
- Coordinate with the NE Science Center
- Train GARFO staff on accepted GIS protocols
The shapefiles, data, and maps are not the complete set of regulations. It is the user's responsibility to ensure that all relevant and applicable regulations and areas are considered.
Click the links below to access a list of maps and GIS data for by topic.
Management area and closure maps and GIS data for commercial and recreational fishing.
- Northeast Multispecies (Groundfish)
- American Lobster
- Atlantic Sea Scallop
- Atlantic Herring
- Atlantic Spiny Dogfish
- Northeast Skate Complex
- Summer Flounder, Scup, Black Sea Bass
- Atlantic Mackerel, Squid, Butterfish
- Regulated Areas to Protect Sea Turtles
Maps and GIS data related to the conservation of protected species.
Maps and GIS data related to the protection and conservation of ecosystems and habitats vital to living marine resources.
Maps and GIS data related to administration of marine resources.
- Greater Atlantic Region Statistical Areas
- Greater Atlantic Region 30-min Squares
- VMS Demarcation Line
For information or questions about the data and the program please contact the Greater Atlantic Region GIS Coordinator, Dr. Talya ten Brink, at Talya.tenBrink@noaa.gov.