The Pacific Islands Regional Office supports the NOAA Fisheries mission through competitive and non-competitive grants and cooperative agreements. Federal Programs Officers ensure the timely processing of all financial assistance awards, from the initial solicitation through post award management. Technical assistance is provided by PIRO and the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center. The program officers work in cooperation with the NOAA Grants Management, program staff, and grant recipients throughout the award period to facilitate the successful completion of project objectives.
The Pacific Islands Regional Office administers a series of grant programs on a range of marine and fishery management issues. These include:
- Western Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Marine Education and Training Mini-Grants Program
- Pacific Islands Region Marine Turtle Program
- Partnerships for the Hawaiian Monk Seal Recovery and Marine Mammal Response Program
- Pacific Islands Region Marine National Monuments Program
- Interjurisdictional Fisheries Act of 1986
- Saltonstall-Kennedy Grant Program
- Essential Fish Habitat Program
- Cooperative Institute Program
- Pacific Region Grants Cooperative
- Other Discretionary Awards - financial support to grantees and constituents in the regions
Learn more about NOAA’s Funding & Financial Services
Highlights of the Pacific Islands Regional Office funded activities in the Pacific Islands region to further NOAA’s mission through federal financial assistance.
Pacific Region Grants Cooperative
The NOAA Pacific Region Grants Cooperative (PRGC) is an initiative of the Pacific Islands Regional Office and NOAA Grant Offices representing the various NOAA line offices within the Pacific Islands region. The PRGC formed to leverage both experience and resources. The creation of this group has formalized a venue for sharing best management practices and precious resources to successfully administer NOAA grants.
Purpose & Goal
The PRGC focuses on providing training opportunities, capacity building activities, tools, and information resource sharing. The goal is to provide Pacific Islands NOAA grantees with best management practices and tools available to administer NOAA grants.