2021 Assessment Of The Arrowtooth Flounder Stock In The Gulf Of Alaska
The scheduled frequency for some stock assessments was recently changed in response to the National Stock Assessment Prioritization effort (Methot 2015; Hollowed et al. 2016). In previous years, all Gulf of Alaska (GOA) rockfish stocks were assessed on...
Summary of Changes in Assessment Inputs
The following substantive changes have been made in the Gulf of Alaska (GOA) Arrowtooth flounder assessment relative to last year’s GOA SAFE report.
Changes in the input data:
1. Estimates of catch through October 17, 2021.
2. Fishery size compositions for 2019 (updated) and 2020.
3. Biomass point-estimates and standard errors from the 2021 Gulf of Alaska bottom trawl survey.
4. Age data from the 2019 Gulf of Alaska bottom trawl survey.
5. The recommended model includes but does not fit the non-standard Gulf of Alaska bottom trawl survey size compositions from 1985, 1986, and 1989. We also do not fit the most current survey size composition data (2021) as we anticipate ages from this year for the next full assessment. Changes in the assessment methodology: There were no changes in the assessment methodology as we continue to use the 2019 assessment model (Model 19.0). Please see Spies et al. (2019) for more details on the 2019 assessment methodology (PDF, 92 pages).