Regulatory Impact Review/Initial Regulatory Flexibility Analysis of Amendment 14 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska: Part 1 Sablefish Management and Gear Regulation
This document provides an analysis of seven groundfish management proposals for the Gulf of Alaska.
The RIR for Amendment 14 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska analyzes the impacts of seven management proposals. These proposals are:
- sablefish management and gear regulation
- rockfish quotas and management areas
- establish a reporting system for catcher processor vessels
- changes in OY values
- halibut prohibited species catch limits (PSC) on domestic trawlers
- implementation of NOAA Fisheries habitat policy
- sablefish fishing seasons
The RIR is divided into two parts: Part I (this document) presents the analysis of sablefish gear regulation proposals; Part II provides the analysis for the remaining six management proposals.