Aquaculture Fortune Teller Activity
Explore the unique benefits of aquaculture in the Pacific Islands region through a classic paper fortune teller.
- Cut out the fortune teller area into a square.
- Fold the paper in half, then open it back up.
- Fold the paper in half in the other direction, then open it up again.
- Fold each corner into the center.
- Flip over the folded paper, and fold each corner into the center again.
- Fold in half, then open.
- Fold in half the other direction, then open.
- Place your thumb and index fingers behind each square.
How to Play
- Ask a partner to pick one word (Aquaculture, Island, Style) from the fortune teller. Move the fortune teller back and forth based on the number of letters in the word. (Example: Island = 7)
- When you reach your count, ask your partner to pick one of the aquaculture categories. (Perpetuating ancestral knowledge; climate resilience; technology and innovation; efficient food production; native species cultivation; economic overview; food security; learn more)
- Unfold the panel your partner selects to unveil an interesting fact or benefit of aquaculture in the Pacific Islands region.
- Have your partner explore more about this aspect of aquaculture by following the QR code!