Alaska Groundfish Survey Data Map
This database contains catch per unit effort data for bottom-dwelling groundfish and crab stocks in Alaska collected during the Alaska Fisheries Science Center groundfish surveys in 1982 to 2016.
The Resource Assessment and Conservation Engineering Division of the Alaska Fisheries Science Center conducts bottom trawl surveys to monitor the condition of the bottom-dwelling fish and crab stocks of Alaska. These data include catch per unit effort for each identified species at a standard set of stations. This is a subset of the main racebase database. Excluded are non standard stations, earlier years using different gear, and other types of data collected other than species id, species weight, water temperature and depth. The data set was developed to describe the temporal distribution and abundance of commercially and ecologically important groundfish species, examine the changes in the species composition of species over time and space, and describe the physical environment of the groundfish habitat.
- Alaska Stock Assessments
- North Pacific Groundfish Stock Assessment and Fishery Evaluation Reports
- Groundfish and Shellfish Assessment Surveys Sample Request Instructions
- Southeast Alaska Coastal Monitoring Survey Reports
- Essential Fish Habitat Research Plan in Alaska
- Alaska Groundfish Bottom Trawl Survey Data
- Groundfish Bottom Trawl Survey Protocols
- Groundfish Species and Survey Codebook