Atlantic Sea Scallop Managed Waters Fishing Year 2021
This dataset depicts the boundaries of Atlantic Sea Scallop Managed Waters for Fishing Year 2021 under Framework 33.
This dataset depicts the boundaries of the Atlantic Sea Scallop Managed Waters Fishing Year 2021 in ESRI shapefile format for the NOAA Fisheries Service’s Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO). These areas are part of the scallop access area rotational program - when the area is open, vessels are allocated a specific number of trips in a given fishing year into the area. This shapefile includes boundaries for the following Regulated Areas:
- Closed Area II East Closed Area
- Closed Area II Access Area
- Nantucket Lightship-North Scallop Closed Area
- Stellwagen Bank Closed Area
- Nantucket Lightship Triangle Scallop Closed Area
- Nantucket Lightship South-Deep Scallop Access Area
- Mid-Atlantic Scallop Access Area
- Closed Area I Scallop Access Area
Because GIS projection and topology functions can change or generalize coordinates, these GIS files are considered to be approximate representations and are NOT an OFFICIAL record for the exact regulated area boundaries. For information on the official legal definition refer to the Use Constraints metadata section.