NOAA in the Caribbean Community Webinar
Join us for a series of presentations from NOAA and partners on projects and engagements in the Caribbean region.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9 AM – 12 PM ET
The webinar will be recorded and will be posted here following the event. Spanish and English subtitles will be included in the webinar recording.
If you have any questions, please reach out to CaribbeanNews@noaa.gov.
Session 1 - Marine Ecosystems
- Coral Reef Monitoring in Puerto Rico and USVI, Michelle Scharer, Stacey Williams, and Leslie Henderson
- Island Based Fishery Management Plans: Puerto Rico, St. Thomas/St.John, and St. Croix, Alida Ortiz-Sootmayer
- Stony coral tissue loss disease (SCTLD): Collaborative monitoring efforts in the wider Caribbean, Patricia Kramer
Session 2 - Hazards and Climate Resilience
- Planning & Preparedness for Oil Spill Response in the Caribbean, Forest Willis
- Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal Highway Resilience: An Implementation Guide, Eric Brown
- An Introduction to the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, Carlos Fuller
Session 3 - Broader Caribbean Engagement
- Facilitating partnerships to monitor and manage sargassum and oil spills in the Wider Caribbean, Leah Segui
- Coral Reef Early Warning System (CREWS) Phase II: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Joe Bishop
- NOAA's Marine Debris Initiatives in the Caribbean, Ashley Hill
- Tracking Ocean Acidification in Puerto Rico, Lee Carrubba