Applications are processed in the order they are received.
It may be several weeks from when we receive your application to when we begin to process your application. If your application is not complete or you are missing requirements, you will receive a deficiency notification. If we have an email address on file, the deficiency notification will come via email. If we do not have an email address on file, the deficiency notification will be mailed to the address listed on the application.
Permit Office Applications statuses:
- Received - Awaiting Review - We have your application and it is waiting to be processed.
- In Progress - Application Under Review - The Southeast Permits Office is currently processing the application This may take a few days as they check with other offices regarding different requirements such as logbooks, VMS, etc
- In Progress - Application Deficiencies Found - The application submitted to the Permit Office has deficiencies that must be resolved before any permit(s) can be issued. A deficiency email is sent to the applicant with information on how to resolve these deficiencies. Most deficiencies can be resolved online within minutes.
- In Progress - Application Deficiencies Resolved - The applicant has attempted to resolve the deficiencies and is waiting on the Permit Office to review the application for completion. If the resolved deficiencies do not meet the requirements, another deficiency email will be sent to the applicant and the application status will revert back to In Progress - Application Deficiencies Found.
- Closed - Permits Issued - The application review is complete and the Southeast Permits Office has issued all permits on the application either digitally, via paper, or both. An email is sent to the applicant once the application is closed with information on how to log into your SE Region Permitting System account to download your digitally transmitted permits or to obtain US Postal Service tracking information on permits that were printed and mailed.
- Closed - Some Permits Issued - Some of the permits were issued, while other permits may have been denied due to not meeting federal requirements. An email is sent to the applicant once the application is closed with information on how to log into your SE Region Permitting System account to download your digitally transmitted permits or to obtain US Postal Service tracking information on permits that were printed and mailed, along with information on why all the permits requested on the applicant could not be issued.
- Closed - Permits Denied - The application did not meet federal requirements and none of the permits could be issued. An email is sent to the applicant with information on how to log into your SE Region Permitting System account to view the reasons the permit(s) were denied.
- Closed - Application Abandoned - Per federal regulations, if the applicant fails to correct the deficiency within 30 days of the date of the deficiency notification, the application will be considered abandoned.
- Closed - Application Withdrawn - An applicant can choose to withdraw their application at any time. The applicant must provide a letter to the Permit Office via the SE Region Permitting system or by mail requesting their application be withdrawn.
- Closed - Duplicate Application - An application is marked as a duplicate when another application is received for the same vessel, owners, and permit(s) requests.
Please wait for either your permits or your requirements email before contacting the office with questions.
WE ARE CURRENTLY PROCESSING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON:
RENEWALS 5-10-2022 (updated 5-26-2022)
TRANSFERS 5-26-2022 (updated 5-26-2022)