Amendment 12 to the 2006 Consolidated HMS Fishery Management Plan: MSA Guidelines and National Policy Directives
NOAA Fisheries is exploring options related to the 2016 revised National Standards 1, 3, and 7 guidelines and other recent national policy directives. Issues being considered in the scoping document include:
- Reassessing current HMS fishery management plan objectives.
- Reviewing HMS standardized bycatch reporting methodology for certain HMS fisheries.
- Reviewing stock status determination criteria for internationally managed HMS.
- Potentially adopting allocation triggers for quota-managed species.
- Potentially revising the publication date of the annual HMS Stock Assessment and Fishery Evaluation Report.
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
2–4 p.m. Eastern
Conference line: 888-843-6167
Participant passcode: 3439062