Amendment 94 to the FMP for the Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska Management Area
NOAA Fisheries publishes regulations to implement Amendment 94 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska. This final rule amends certain sablefish provisions of the Individual Fishing Quota Program for the Fixed-Gear Commercial Fisheries for Pacific Halibut and Sablefish in Waters in and off Alaska. Amendment 94 and its implementing regulations revise the vessel use caps applicable to sablefish quota share held by Gulf of Alaska Community Quota Entities. This final rule makes the same regulatory revisions to the vessel use caps applicable to halibut QS held by GOA CQEs.
In this action, NOAA Fisheries also revises the IFQ Program regulations to:
- add three eligible communities to the CQE Program
- allow CQEs in International Pacific Halibut Commission regulatory area 3A to purchase vessel category D halibut QS
- revise CQE annual reporting requirements, including specifying reporting requirements for the charter halibut program
- clarify the CQE floating processor landing reporting requirements
- consolidate CQE Program eligibility by community in a single table in the regulations