Amendment 98 to the FMP for the Groundfish of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Management Area
NOAA Fisheries announces approval of:
- Amendment 98 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Management Area
- Amendment 90 to the FMP for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska
- Amendment 40 to the FMP for Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands King and Tanner Crabs
- Amendment 15 to the FMP for the Scallop Fishery off Alaska
- Amendment 1 to the FMP for Fish Resources of the Arctic Management Area
These amendments update the existing essential fish habitat provisions in the fishery management plans (FMPs) based on a 5-year Essential Fish Habitat review. This action is intended to promote the goals and objectives of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, the FMPs, and other applicable laws.